McMaster University is a research-intensive university of medium size located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, with an enrollment of approximately 19,113 undergraduate students full-time graduate students and 2739 (preliminary figures for 2007-08).McMaster, or “Mac”, includes six faculties: science, health sciences, engineering, humanities, social sciences, and business. The campus is located on 300 acres (1.2 km ²) of land in the residential neighborhood of Westdale adjacent to Hamilton Royal Botanical Gardens. Rows of McMaster University as the 87 th worldwide and 4 th in Canada (2nd in the province of Ontario) in 2007 Graduation academic universities in the world  and placed 100 th university worldwide in the 2007 Supplement of higher education of the times rankings.It received a degree of “a” in Globe and Mail Report Card from college to the overall quality of education.
McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario was founded in 1887 through a merger of the University and Woodstock College (a Baptist school Toronto Baptist).Senator William McMaster, the first president of the Canadian Bank of Commerce, founded the university that bears his name in 1887.It was sponsored by the Baptist Convention of Ontario and Quebec as a sectarian institution of the student to his clergy and adherents. Began operating three years later, and graduated its first students in 1894.The university was originally located in Toronto and almost federated with University of Toronto and Trinity College and University of Victoria were (Victoria moved from Cobourg in the process).
The first degrees were awarded in 1894.The local boosters in Hamilton offered large donations of money and land to McMaster to relocate rather than federate, and the movement was achieved in 1930. Originally located in Toronto, the university was relocated to Hamilton in 1930. University Hall, one of the original buildings on campus, houses a bust of Senator McMaster. McMaster Hall, Toronto’s original building, located in the northern part of the University of Toronto St. George Campus on Bloor Street West, now houses the Royal Conservatory of Music.
During and immediately after World War II, McMaster experienced an explosion of growth in scientific research and student enrollment under HG Thode. This put a strain on the finances of what was still a denominational Baptist institution. Therefore, in 1957, McMaster University Divinity was incorporated to continue the religious traditions of the university while the university became itself a secular public institution. McMaster University became a non-denominational private institution in 1957.
McMaster’s main campus is bounded on the north by Cootes Paradise, an extensive natural marshland, east and west by residential neighborhoods and to its south on West Main Street, a major artery of Hamilton. Its northern limits are a popular destination for hikers and joggers who use the many trails that connect the campus with RBG ‘s land. Its geographical coordinates are 43 ° 15 “N 45, 79 ° 55” W 21.Buildings and facilities represent the ongoing development has been happening on McMaster grounds since it purchased the property from the city of Hamilton in 1928. Its six original Gothic – style buildings now flank by over 50 structures built predominantly during booms in the early 70’s and late 90’s to present.
Perhaps the most distinctive component of the horizon of the campus is the Medical Center McMaster University, a multi-use research hospital that ranks among the largest public buildings in Canada.Is connected with the construction of science of life and (the 2004) recently completed centers of Michael DeGroote for learning and the discovery of which contains many research groups in areas well-funded genetics, infectious diseases and several specific conditions.
McMaster Nuclear Reactor (MNR) finalized in 1959 was the first university research reactor based on the Commonwealth of Nations and is now the only Canadian half of the flow reactor in a university environment.  is a “pool-type “reactor with a core of enriched uranium fuel moderated and cooled by light water. The MNR, provides wide range of irradiation, the laboratory and support facilities including: A cyclotron, an accelerator, a small-angle detector for the neutron-scattering and neutron scattering facilities Wide.
Recently, McMaster has begun separated physically beyond its borders west of Hamilton inflexible in other areas in the region.
In 2002 the center for lifelong learning McMaster was relocated to the former building of the courthouse Hamilton-Wentworth on Main Street to the east. The CCE offers a variety of certificate programs / diploma and personal development programs / professional and strives to maintain the tradition of McMaster direction and inspiring discovery.
McMaster University in 2004 announced that in partnership with the neighboring city of Burlington , would build the new arts and technology intensive campus in that city. Plans call for a small initial cohort is admitted in 2007 in leased space and hopes of the university to have an entry in the Burlington campus of nearly 5000 students by 2020. The Burlington campus concept is contingent on the approval of provincial government, not yet sought, academic programs and the funding.The proposed campus has proved controversial and the plan has been opposed by many deans and other faculty members.The Students’ Union McMaster has serious reservations about the project and can openly oppose the project dependent on a vote of the fall in the representative of the student or a general referendum.
The new McMaster Michael G. DeGroote School of medicine would be expanded and built in Kitchener, Ontario, sharing the campus of the Health Science with University of Waterloo.
Announced in 2005, McMaster has purchased a large industrial park two miles east of Hamilton’s main campus will be constructed to contain an array of research facilities for the development of manufacturing and advanced materials, biotechnology, automotive and nanotechnology. In July 2005 it was announced that CANMET, a research laboratory of the materials the federal government, would be relocated from its Ottawa focus to Hamilton, helping to spearhead the development of the McMaster Research Park.It is expected that predicted $ 60 million in financing to establish the new lab partner before 2008.