The best research? For ANVUR is that the universities of Padua, Trento and Pisa
Were presented with about a month ahead of schedule the “report cards” ANVUR , the National Agency for the Evaluation of the University and Research, assessing the quality of research carried out in various Italian universities between 2004 and in 2010 . Under the lens of the agency are over almost 185 thousand publications, patents and the like, belonging to 95 universities, 12 research institutions and 26 institutions supervised by the Ministry of Education “volunteers” (9 research centers and 17 inter-university consortia). The purpose of evaluation is to change the system of financing, Its Mark to meritocracy, with the distribution of public resources to the most virtuous reality.
Is expecting the next few weeks the decree which will divide the funds. To universities deemed virtuous will be awarded € 540 million , which account for 66 percent of the resources made available as a share of rewards (818 million in total). The remaining 34 percent will be distributed according to the results of teaching. Finally, in short, seems to have started the revolution of the funding system, based on incentives based on and not just on the size of the individual universities, the principles of which had already been established for some time, but whose advent had always been postponed and that reform Gelmini had, instead, fished out.
According to the evaluation ANVUR on the quality of university research in the period 2004-2010, is Padua to excel among universities large, due to its excellence in Economics, Medicine and Earth Sciences. The ‘ University of Trento guide instead the average ranking of universities, shining in particular for Medicine and History. Among the smaller universities, finally, are the Santana and the normal Pisa to earn the top step of the podium. The criteria for assessing the quality of publications are based on relevance, originality / innovation and internationalization of product research (ie, its position on the international scene).
About the results of the evaluation of the ‘ANVUR on the quality of university research for the seven years 2004-2010 said she was more than satisfied with the minister Carrozza , that with this step, “the world of research has made a huge effort to achieve transparency”, which hopes can also be followed by other areas of public administration. In addition, the minister explained, in this way, “Italy has entered in the Europe of evaluation”, adopting a perspective that may be important for the growth of the higher education system, not only for the distribution of the share of the reward funds to the universities, but also because it can help guide the choices of students and researchers.